CV220x (G1-APEX SoC)
The CV220x is a family of system-on-chip image cognition processors (ICPs) designed for high volume vision applications.
The heart of CV220x ICPs is CogniVue’s first generation APEX core, or G1-APEX. This patented technology delivers exceptional performance per area per power. The G1-APEX core is user programmable to suit best application needs.
The CV220x ICPs provide advanced vision processing performance and a wide range of interfaces at reduced dimension and power consumption.
CV220x ICP Family (Industrial Qualified) include:
- CV2201 with 16Mbyte of stacked DDR SDRAM
- CV2202 which interfaces to external DDR SDRAM
- CV2207 with 64Mbyte of stacked DDR SDRAM
Freescale Semiconductor provides automotive qualified image cognition processors (ICP) in their SCP2200 family. These are pin compatible with CogniVue CV220x.
Smart user interfaces
- Face detection & verification for STB and connected TV smart logon cameras
- Gesture recognition
- Smart pen and handheld reader used with dot-pattern matching
- Fingerprint recognition
People tracking, audience measurement
- Set-top box, TVs
- Digital Signage
- Surveillance and security
Broad range of after-market automotive vision systems (on Freescale SCP2200):
- Smart rear view camera, de-warping, overlay
- Driver monitoring camera
- Blind spot monitoring
- Lane detection, tracking
- Forward collision warning
For a detailed description of the CV220x features and benefits, see the CV220x Product Brief.