Providing community access to cognitive screenings.
Community pharmacy is ideally positioned to provide cognitive screenings to consumers
- Driving brain health awareness and improving access to cognitive screenings are among the most important and urgent challenges of the 21st century
- Unlike monitoring blood pressure and other routine tests, consumer access to cognitive screenings is limited today
- Early diagnosis allows for some forms of cognitive impairment, such as those caused by drug interaction and dosage or a vitamin B12 deficiency, to be reversed
- Individuals 55 and older should be screened annually so cognitive decline can be detected early and modifiable risk factors can be addressed
- Cognivue will help you differentiate your pharmacy and attract new customers
- Feature Cognivue health screenings at health fairs and senior living seminars
- Strengthen referrals with local physicians by making this new service available to their patients
- Expand your market basket with complimentary brain health supplements
Cognivue featured in Drug Store News:
“This is the next step to bringing value to my community by promoting cognitive health and using this device to conduct cognitive screenings. With the increase in people under 65 being diagnosed with early onset dementia and Alzheimers, it lets me know that we need to screen more people who otherwise would not know early enough that they have cognitive decline, when it matters the most, when we can do something about it," Amina Abubakar, PharmD, AAHIVP.